ALICIA KEYS CONFIRMED FOR SPECIAL PERFORMANCE ON THE 2014 MTV EMA
AFROJACK, DAVID HASSELHOFF, JOURDAN DUNN AND THE BELLA TWINS CONFIRMED TO PRESENT ON 9 NOVEMBER
today confirmed that fifteen-time Grammy®-winning singer, songwriter and producer Alicia Keys
is set to perform on the 2014 MTV EMA
, one of the biggest global music events of the year that celebrates the hottest artists from around the world. The special performance will take place at the iconic O2 Academy Glasgow and be beamed live into the nearby SSE Hydro and around the world as part of the 2014 MTV EMA
, which will broadcast live to MTV channels worldwide on Sunday, 9 November at 9:00pm CET*.
Additionally, superstar DJ and producer Afrojack
, David "The Hoff" Hasselhoff
, international supermodel Jourdan Dunn
and WWE divas and stars of hit reality series Total Divas Brie
and Nikki Bella
were today added to the list of stars confirmed to present on the night, joining the previously announced party rocker Redfoo
and guitar legend Slash
- "I am crazy excited to perform on the global stage of the EMA, and for my song to be nominated for Best Song with a Message. 'We Are Here' is a 21st century peace movement that believes if we all stand together and join our voices we CAN create a kinder world for everyone." – Alicia Keys
- A limited number of lucky fans will have the chance to attend the intimate viewing party at the O2 Academy Glasgow, and will receive an email today with a priority code and full details of how to book. A number of tickets will also be made available to the public via TicketWeb. Tickets will be priced at £5 including booking fee.
- Global hip hop superstar Nicki Minaj is set to host the 2014 MTV EMA.
- Enrique Iglesias, Charli XCX, Kiesza, Royal Blood, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran and Nicki Minaj have been previously confirmed to perform at the 2014 MTV EMA.
- British rock legend Ozzy Osbourne will be honoured with the Global Icon Award and will be in Glasgow to accept his award.
- Fans can vote now for their favourite artists across all 2014 MTV EMA categories at mtvema.com. Voting will close on 8 November 2014 at 11:59pm CEST.
The 2014 MTV EMA sponsored by essence, Europe's No.1 cosmetics brand** and Someone Like Me
, a global sex education campaign partnership between Durex and MTV Staying Alive Foundation, will air across MTV's global network of more than 60 channels reaching nearly 700 million households around the world as well as through syndication. In addition, its convergent programming and content will reach the entire interactive community, via MTV's more than 200 digital media properties around the world. The 2014 MTV EMA
will broadcast on Sunday, November 9th at 9:00PM CET* from the SSE Hydro in Glasgow.
The MTV EMA – MTV's global celebration of the hottest stars in music – recognizes artists from around the world and across genres, and brings together music fans everywhere for a one-of-a-kind experience in the weeks leading up to and at the show. Bruce Gillmer and Richard Godfrey are Executive Producers for the 2014 MTV EMA
. The 2014 MTV EMA
marks the first time that the show will be held in Glasgow, Scotland and has received support from Glasgow City Marketing Bureau and EventScotland. Follow @MTVEMA
and check #MTVEMA
on Twitter and find us on Instagram
. For MTV EMA news, updates and press materials please visit press.mtvema.com
or follow us @VIMN_PR
*Check local listings.
**Euromonitor, IRI, Nielsen in units 2013About MTV
MTV is the world's premier youth entertainment brand. With a global reach of more than a half-billion households, MTV is the cultural home of the millennial generation, music fans and artists, and a pioneer in creating innovative programming for young people. MTV reflects and creates pop culture with its award-winning content built around compelling storytelling, music discovery and activism across TV, online and mobile. Outside of the United States, MTV is part of Viacom International Media Networks, a division of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. PRESS CONTACTS:
Kate Laverge – email@example.com
– +1 212 654 4335 – @VIMN_PR
Seema Alibhai – firstname.lastname@example.org
– +44 203 580 2106 – @VIMN_PR